Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pimp My Ride

A little over a month ago we went for a walk down to the end of our neighborhood to a creek that feeds Lake Wheeler with my friend Odin. Part of the hike took us off road and was a little rough on my buggy. My buggy is an early 1900's Colson Stroller that we bought from the flea market shortly after I was born. It needed to be restored when we bought it but we held out until it was absolutely needed. I forgot to take a before picture so you'll have to rely on this one (4 months old) and this one (one year old) to see what it use to look like before falling apart.


Dad and I spent two days replacing the wood and spray painting all of the metal. I woke up on Saturday morning and had to literally pull dad out of bed. I kept repeating "Daddy, fix buggy, now!" until finally I had pestered him enough to get up. We worked well into the evening until all parts were restored and the buggy was put back together.

My ride has been pimped!

Taking it for a stroll.


Showing off my clover crown that Mom and I made.


And since we are talking about rides I might as well introduce you to my newest rides. You may have already seen my Beep Beep from my previous post when we traveled to TN/GA. In this picture I am taking my monkey from Kathleen on a drive. But just every drive with kids, I had to pull over to feed him.

And finally, meet my Fire Truck. This fire truck has also been passed down from cousin to cousin and now it's my turn at the wheel. Monkey and I have been fighting fires and taking care of the neighborhood.

5 comments:

redheadedhowler said...

You'll have to take a video of the hydraulics! Nice work guys.

Brad said...

Don't think that didn't cross my mind along with a subwoofer under the seat!

Holly said...

glad you showed the buggy- I thought you two only used the backpack/baby wrap to carry her around. I was impressed!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on renewing the stroller. Maya you have a talented Dad. You really are cute with your crown on. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Love Gramma

Brad said...

Holly, that's too funny! She loves her buggy and other rides. She still likes the backpack though, especially when she's tired and doesn't want to walk.