Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone had a great day full of good food, loving family and warm spiked blueberry cider! It was this time last year when Mom and Dad announced to the entire family that there was something brewing in her tummy. Can you believe that I am almost 6 months old! Wow, how time flies. Before you know it I'll be walking, talking and most definitely backpacking.

It was a great day here in North Carolina full of cooking, lounging, walking, playing and even napping. Yep, I took 3 naps today and I didn't even have any turkey. All in all I must say I truly enjoyed my first Thanksgiving!! I even experienced my first solid food when Mom gave me a little bite of her sweet potatoes. One thing is for sure...it didn't taste like breast milk. The look on my face must have said it all since the whole table about fell out of their seats.

I look forward to many more days in which we can all give thanks to the most simple pleasures in life. I hope everyone has a wonderful and warm holiday season!

~Maya


Mom and Me


OK, let's eat!


My first attempt at sitting in my high chair.



Mmmm, sweet potatoes...Yuk!



Too much tryptophan for Dad!

No comments: