Monday, December 3, 2007

The Growing Child: 6 Months



Mom and I went to see Dr. Ramsdell today for my 6 month well check visit. Here are my measurements from today:

Weight: 17.9 lbs Percentile 77%
Height: 25 in. Percentile 21%
Head Cir: 17 in. Percentile 68%

In looking back at my last visit not much has changed in regards to my ranking among other babies my age. While all babies grow at different rates, the average baby will have doubled their birth weight by 6 months. I have more than doubled mine from 7.9 lbs to 17.9 lbs. I guess the bottom line is that I'll be short and stubby...at least until I start walking.

I also had my vision tested today. Dr. Ramsdell held paddles with different patterns on them in front of my face and observed my eye movements. At times I seemed more interested in watching Dr. Ramsdell than I did the paddles but I must have done enough because she passed me. My next visit is scheduled for some time in February.

No comments: