Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What The Croup – Dad’s Gone Again?

I Make Good Babies!

I have to apologize for leaving my readers in suspense of what has been going on in my world over the last 2 weeks. It has been my goal to update this site at least once a week if not more. Keeping this blog has been the easiest form of communication for me since my little fingers work better than my lips and tongue. I have been trying to talk more and more as I discover these new and sometimes weird sounds but for now blogging is my best option. Web 2.0 is the newest wave of the immediate future and I’m trying my best to ride it out.

While Dad has been out of town working, or gallivanting as Mom says, in Los Angeles I have been dealing with yet another illness. I must ask…when will this madness stop? Will I continue to catch every bug that passes by or will I someday begin to fight off these pesky little creatures that ooze from my eyes and drip from my nose. Both Dad and Mom have been encouraging me to keep my spirits up as all of these illnesses have a purpose. They are helping me to build up my immune system to one day have a healthy and strong body.

This time around I am struggling with the ooze from my eyes and the beginnings of a light cough. These secretions are called the croup, not to be confused with the crap! To accelerate the recovery process Mom has been squirting breast milk in my eyes. I prefer it in my mouth but understand the benefits that it brings.

In case no one has caught on yet I have fallen ill every time Dad goes out of town. Mom thinks it is just a test of her abilities as a Mom while Dad thinks it’s because he is not here to protect me from them. Since Dad is traveling in November and December I may need to ask Mom if we can go. What do you think Mom?? I’ll be good! Just think, if I go with you, you won’t have to buy me any gifts!

Speaking of gifts, Dad brought some great gifts home from his trip to LA. He went to the LA County Art Museum to see the Dali exhibit and brought back a finger puppet book from the gift shop. He also went to Santa Monica, Venice Beach and Malibu and brought back some hip clothing and a few hats. I am sure that I will start the latest fad with my new hip west coast look!

I am glad Dad is back and am really looking forward to the Fall Harvest Pig Pickin this weekend.

Until then,

~Maya


The MythBusters Keynote

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are not the healing properties of breast milk amazing?! Too bad it can't be bottled and sold in drugstores! :)