Monday, June 29, 2009

A Sunny Sunday Stroll


Sunday brought a break from our daily morning visits to the hospital to see Papa Dana. Mima took over for us and allowed us the opportunity for a trip to Jones Beach. It was such a beautiful morning - a little cloudy and windy with a high of 73! You couldn't ask for better weather. Mom and Dad went for a swim in the brisk ocean but I wouldn't even get my feet wet. I screamed and screamed every time Mom or Dad tried to get me in the water. I was content with the sand and my bucket!

Later that evening just as we had finished dinner we heard the ice cream truck coming down the street. We had ice cream in the freezer so there was no real need to buy from the truck except for the novelty of it. Mom and Dad let me have a couple of nibbles from their cones and as you can see I kind of like it!

Mom took this incredible picture from the hospital. We're hoping it's a sign of good things to come! If you look hard enough you'll see that this was a double rainbow. The second rainbow is stronger in other pics but I chose to upload this one as it appears that the rainbow is casting a ray of light onto the statue.


Eating lunch down by the boats in Port Washington. Notice my new shoes that Dad bought me yesterday - Pink Converse! I love them so much I had to wear them to sleep for my nap the day I got them.

While Mom has been over at the hospital Dad and I have been visiting Museum Row. Today we went to the Firefighters Museum and the Cradle of Aviation.

I found these sunglasses at the Museum and would not take them off the entire day.

Waiting for the next call to go and fight the fires.

No comments: