Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Sunset Walk at Yates Mill


Last night we went for a sunset hike at Historic Yates Mill County Park. Yates Mill is where my Mom used to work before she went to work for the Museum Park. We enjoyed a brief hike around the lake before heading over to see our friends Celia and Bronson for a cookout and bonfire. They cooked a great dinner and then we spent the rest of the evening enjoying the bonfire. They have a beautiful German Shepard named Orla who really seemed worried every time I cried. She would come over and lick my head trying to console me. Maybe she thought I was one of her puppies?


Ah the life! I get carried everywhere in either my sling or my Baby Bjorn! Though I do look forward to getting my hiking legs in shape.



The sunset was masked by a thunderstorm that threatened our hike along the pond.



Loaded up on Gentian Violet prior to our hike.


No comments: