Monday, August 13, 2007

Hanging Upside Down

Last week Mom and I went to see Dr. Bell for my 2 month chiropractic visit. I have been doing very good and only needed one minor adjustment in my neck. Mom and Dad think it is because of the way they see me sleeping. I guess I still don't have full control of my neck muscles and I tend to wake up with my neck at a 45 degree angle to my back. This problem may have been solved since I now sleep swaddled up tightly in my blanket. Dad calls me his little burrito! When I sleep I tend to squirm all over the place and flail my arms knocking Mom in the face while she naps. I guess she got tired of this and after reading The Happiest Baby on the Block decided to swaddle me to keep me from spiraling out of control.

Dr. Bell also suggested to Mom that she hang me upside down from my feet at least once a day. It is said that this helps to increase my IQ. I'm not sure that I am any smarter today than I was yesterday but I do enjoy the view.

On Tuesday of last week we went to the Museum to see Dad and his co-workers. They put together a welcoming party for me that included a beautiful chocolate cake, drinks and other snacks. It was so good to finally meet everyone. Thanks for the great gifts, we can't wait to use them!

Mom and I also went to the local La Leche League meeting and the baby wearers meeting last week. At LLL we got to meet other working moms and learned how they cope with life away from their children. Mom left with lots of resources and a few books to read. I start day care next week which also happens to be Moms first day back to work.

At the baby wearers meeting Mom got to see what cool carriers other moms had. She found one she liked and just had to get it. Dad likes it so much he even carries me around. Now that I have a little more head control, though still not enough to sleep correctly, I can face outward and see the world.

Before leaving the blog please be sure to vote on the latest poll question in the upper right hand section of the page

I look forward to seeing everyone at the wedding this weekend.

~Maya



Here is my Mei Tai Baby



Without the facial hair I'd say we look just alike.

No comments: