Friday, August 3, 2007

Ten Reasons to Sleep Next to Your Child at Night

I found this article and wanted to share this quote with everyone. You can read the article by clicking on the link below.

A child who is cared for during the night as well as the day receives constant reassurance of love and support, instead of having to cope with feelings of fear, anger, and abandonment night after night. Children who have felt safe through the night as well as the day with a loving parent close by become adults who cope better with the inevitable stresses life brings. As John Holt put it so eloquently, having feelings of love and safety in early life, far from "spoiling" a child, is like "money in the bank": a fund of trust, self-esteem and inner security which the child can draw on throughout life's challenges.

- Jan Hunt

Ten Reasons to Sleep Next to Your Child at Night

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maya, I happened to be driving to work one day when I heard a woman on the radio talking about a seminar on attachment parenting. I thought it was a really neat idea and wondered why I didn't know about this when your Dad and Uncle Jonnny were babies like you. You are a lucky little girl to have parents who want to love and protect you so much.

Only two more weeks until I can love on you too. I can't wait to see you again.

Love Gramma