Sunday, May 11, 2008

How much is a Mom worth?


Mothers Day has been great! We slept a little late, went to the farmers market for breakfast, came home and took a nap in the hammock on the front porch, and finished it off with a great dinner. My mothers day meal was full of sweet potatoes and beets, Yum Yum! . The beets got a little messy and made for some great face painting! I couldn't master the art of saying Happy Mothers Day but I did manage to mumble/babble mum and mamma all day long. I first said the word momma back in February and really haven't said it since. I guess I was saving up for another special day.

I recently read an article on the Internet talking about how much a Mom is worth. The figure is somewhere around $138,000 a year (this figure is based on the fact that working moms work on average 52 hours of overtime a week). I would suggest an even higher price tag for moms like priceless! If you think about it, Moms have several different jobs that they do and do very well! Here is a brief list of some of the many jobs that we are so thankful for: housekeeper, day care center teacher, cook, computer operator, laundry machine operator, janitor, facilities manager, van driver, CEO and psychologist. We are just proud of Mom and wish her the very best Mothers Day ever. And too all the other Mom's out there...Happy Mothers Day too!



Face painting with beets


Singing to each other


Hammock Time!


I want to be just like Mom and wear a Mei Tai.



One of my signs: L for Love!

5 comments:

redheadedhowler said...

Maya, you've got a great momma! I love seeing all the pictures. We also like the term "domestic engineer" at our house -- a suggestion from another friend. :)

Brad said...

That's great! If we really thought about it I am sure we could create a much longer list of titles.

Evia, Tim, Eli and Cole said...

You've got a good Momma Maya. Glad you realize that early - don't ever forget it!!

ps - love the Mei Tei

Wellness Committee said...

Adorable pictures! I love it! Amy R. just directed me to your blog. How cute!

Brad said...

Hi Michelle,

We are so glad you found the site. It is so great to hear from you. We hope you are doing well and that our paths will cross sometime down the road. The Triangle isn't that big!