Saturday, June 2, 2007

Another Sleepless Night

Last night was rough on Mom and Dad. I didn't get much sleep and I was sooo hungry and poor Mom had to keep feeding me. I know its rough on Mom since she is so sick right now. I am really praying that she is better soon. I really look forward to hanging out with her - laughing, smiling and just bonding. Mom is still having trouble walking but her birthing area is getting better. We saw the midwife yesterday and they said everything looks a lot better and they don't think they will have to evacuate her. She still has some hematomas (sorry Mom!) but she is progressing. She did bust a few stitches but they think they will granulate over time. We get to see the Midwives again and a physician on Tuesday.

Mom lost quite a bit of blood after I came out. She is taking iron pills to elevate her iron levels back to normal. Dad is cooking up a storm too. He is cooking lots of red meat and dark green veggies that are high in iron to help her bring her levels back up. It smells really good! We also have some really good friends Celia and Bronson who have been bringing food over and running errands. Our neighbors Ed and Susan brought us Italian two nights ago. Mom said it was really good but let me tell you, garlic flavored breast milk is not really appealing, although Dad said it wasn't that bad!

I would post more pictures today but I don't have any. Since I kept Mom and Dad up all night we pretty much slept through the day. Dad did take me on a walk through the neighborhood. He says I need a lot of sun to help ward off jaundice. It was a great walk, I pretty much slept the whole time. Tomorrow they said they are going to wake me up more often during the day so that I can begin to get on the right sleeping schedule. I am so used to sleeping during the day and being awake at night. When I was inside Mom she would go to work and walk a lot and this would make me real sleepy. I would then be up while she was trying to sleep. She used to beg me to stop kicking while she was sleeping but I don't think she understood how small her belly was. It was pretty tight in there.

I am so excited for tomorrow. My Grandma is coming to visit. She is driving down from New York to visit. She will help Mom and Dad with all of the chores around the house. I can't wait to meet her.

My tummy is growling so I better get off and wake up Mom. Let's just hope Dad left out the garlic in tonight's dinner!

No comments: