Monday, June 4, 2007

In the arms of Grandma!


Grandma came into town last night and I was able to meet her for the first time. I must be the luckiest girl in the world! I have 3 Grandmothers and 3 Grandfathers!! I haven't met everyone yet but they are coming soon.

It's great to have Grandma here. She is running errands, cooking and helping around the house so Dad can take care of Mom. Mom is slowly getting better. She took me for a walk today for the first time. We only went to the mailbox and back. We almost didn't make it that far. Dad had to hold Mom the whole time and we took several breaks. It was the first time Mom has been out of the bed in 7 days.

Mom was getting frustrated with her health. She keeps seeing Dad and Grandma carrying me around and realizes she hasn't been able to do that. She just wants to bond with me and realizes she doesn't have the strength to do so. I want her to know that we are bonding even though she doesn't think so. She feeds me every time my stomach growls and for that I am very thankful! She is my life line and I really want her to know that I am grateful for everything she is doing for me! Thanks Mom! You're the best! I am looking forward to more walks when you get better!

No comments: