Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Great White Delivery

Mom and Dad have some of the greatest friends in the world!! Their friends knew they wanted to get them something useful as a gift to welcome me into this world and together they all went in on a freezer. How cool is that! I've heard Mom and Dad talking about purchasing a freezer for a while and I guess they must have overheard them. It was very thoughtful of them to think of us during this special time and give us such a great gift. You guys are awesome!

Mom and Dad already know what they will use the freezer for. They plan on making all of my baby food. They tell me it will be healthier than anything they could buy at the store. They are buying all of their food from a local organic farmer and thus they are supporting the local economy and they know exactly where all of my food comes from and how it is grown and cared for. I've heard that Brinkley Farms produces some tasty vegetables. Yum, I can't wait!

Mom will also pump extra breast milk and store it in the new freezer for times when she's not around and I'm hungry. This means that I can take Mom's milk with me to school when I start late this summer. Dad wants to save some for himself so that the next time he gets sick he can drink it instead of taking medicine. I've heard that breast milk can help get rid of warts, pink eye and even ear infections. All you need to do is place three drops of breast milk in the ear and voila! I'll get back to you on that in the case that I get an ear infection or Dad comes home from the Museum with pink eye.

So, I'd like to thank all of those who purchased the freezer for us. Not everyone could stop by for "The Great White Delivery" so only a few are pictured. From left to right are Jody and Melissa, and then next to Mom is Celia. Not pictured but here in spirit are Celia's husband Bronson, Caitlin and Cullen, and Jim and Amanda. Thank you all for such a wonderful and thoughtful gift! You guys rock! I can't wait until you get to babysit for me!

I would also like to send out a very warm and heartfelt thank you to all of Mom and Dad's other friends, co-workers and family who have all given so much. The three of us would not be where we are today without all of the extremely generous gifts and warm wishes. So many people have reached out to us and we truly feel blessed.

Thank you all!!

Love,

Maya, Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.