Friday, June 1, 2007

This is my story



My name is Maya Dorothy Herring, daughter of Brad and Tia Herring. I was born on May 28, 2007 at 12:34pm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. I was 7.9lbs and 20" at birth. I gave my mom a hard time coming out as my head was a little on the large side! I get that from my dad, he's kinda of big headed! I didn't mean to cause Mom so much pain but I am really glad she gave birth without medications!! I wouldn't want any of that in my system since it is so immature and delicate. Mom went through a lot and for that I am really thankful!

Just yesterday I got my first taste of breast milk and it was yummy! I love it so much because it makes me strong and healthy! I am so glad that my parents are choosing to raise me on breast milk. Moms milk is making me so strong that today I crawled for the first time. I know you are thinking I am crazy but I really did, sort of, crawl. Dad put me on his stomach and I used my powerful leg muscles to push myself all the way up to his shoulders.

I was told yesterday by the nurse who came to my house to check up one me that I will be a musician when I grow up . She said that after looking at my fingers and commenting on the way I constantly move them in a finger picking style. I think it would be fun to be in a family band!

No comments: